Smart Life App
Table of content
About Smart Life App
The free Smart Life app is available for both Android and iOS systems (Play Store or App Store). It was developed and continues to operate by Tuya, one of the largest smart home B2B platform providers in the world. The company “Tuya Smart” was founded in 2014 by a young visionary Jerry Wang. The company, with its open system strategy, has now succeeded in partnering with over 10,000 manufacturers worldwide and is gaining more and more importance in the smart home sector.
In addition to the Smart Life app, Tuya also operates a “Tuya” app. The range of functions as well as the compatibility of both apps are largely identical. The devices that can be controlled with the “Tuya” app are also compatible with the Smart Life app. In Europe, the Smart Life app is more familiar to users than the “Tuya” app.
The Smart Life App uses high quality encryption technology (GDPR certified) with data centers in Germany to ensure customer data security.
Setting up the Smart Life App
After you have downloaded and installed the app on your smartphone, you must first register as follows:
1.Tap on “Create a new account”.
Select your region. Enter your email address, which you always have access to, and then tap on “Get verification code”.
3. you will receive a 6-digit verification code by email, which is needed for authentication.
4. set a new password for your Smart Life account and you are registered at Smart Life!
If you ever lose your password, the recovery process will be handled via the provided email or mobile number.
2. Add and control device
After successful registration you are now in the main menu and can add and control devices with your account.
In our example, we add a Wi-Fi power outlet to the Smart Life system.
1. In the app, click on the “+” in the top right corner of the main menu and select the appropriate product category and the correct device. In our case, “Electrical system” -> “Socket (Wi-Fi)”.
2. In the next step, select your 2.4 GHz WLAN network, enter the password of your WLAN router and confirm with “Next”. The WLAN frequency of your router must be a 2.4 GHz network. If necessary you have to change this on your router.
3. Now reset your device (activate pairing mode) by following the on-screen instructions and then press “Next”.
4. Afterwards, the newly added device can be named freely. Your new Smart Life device WLAN socket is now integrated into your Smart Home system and controllable via Smart Life app.
3. Set the time switch
In the “Smart Life” app, select the device to be set, in our case it is again the WLAN socket.
1. Tap on “Timer”
2. Tap on “Add Schedule”
3. Now you define on which days at which time the socket should be switched on or off and if you want to receive a notification. Confirm your selection with “Save” to save this timer function.
4. When you access the “Timer” menu item again, you will now see the timer program you created and you can activate or deactivate it as you wish or add further timers.
Create scenes with Smart Life app
Creating a scene allows Smart Life devices to act individually or in combination with each other. For example, when one of the following conditions changes:
- The time
- The location
- A change in the status of a connected device
- Manual activation
- The weather
To create a scene, proceed as follows:
1. In the “Smart Life” app, tap “Smart” under “My Home” at the bottom of the screen.
Tap the blue plus icon in the upper right corner.
2. Choose what you want the scene to trigger:
“when the time of day changes,” for example.
3. Tap on “Sunrise/Sunset” and then select “Sunset”.
4. When you save the command, you will automatically be taken to the next step. Here you can program the action. For example, “Operate the device”.
5. Decide which device will be Smart automated. In our example, it is the Wi-Fi socket.
6. We want the power outlet to turn on automatically when the sun goes down.
7. After you have set up the scene according to the instructions in the app, tap on “Save”.
8. You will then see the created scene either under “Automation” for automatic start or under “Execution” for manual start. Now the creation of a Smart Scene is complete.
Connect Smart Life app with Alexa
To control Smart Life with Alexa, all you need to do is download and activate the skill:
- Open the Alexa app and go to “Skills and Games”.
2. Find the “Smart Life” skill.
3. Activate the “Smart Life” skill. Log in with the email and password of your previously created account. (Don’t let the +49 bother you, you can just enter the email address).
4. After that, press Authorize and then click on “Detect devices” to start the search once. After the search, our WLAN socket is now also on the device list.
Connect Smart Life app with Google Home
The integration of Google Assistant and Smart Life is similar to Alexa. Open the Google Home app on your smartphone and follow the steps below:
- First, open the Google Home app on your smartphone. If “Connect Smart Life” is already displayed at the top, tap it. If not, tap the plus icon at the top left, search under “Add and Manage” -> “Set Up Devices” -> “Compatible with Google devices”.
2. Type “Smart Life” in the search and choose the right option “Smart Life”.
3. Then enter the user details of your Smart Life account, tap “Connect immediately” and then tap “Authorize”.
(Don’t let the +49 bother you, you can just enter your email address).
4. After a short time, all your Smart Life devices should be displayed in Google Home, and you can control them with commands like “Hey Google” or “OK Google”.